Tuesday, September 14, 2010

JORUNALISM 392W - New people on twitter


Since I already have a twitter, this was kind of interesting. I was already following most of the people or groups I thought would be fun, but I added a few more, so here it goes.

The first person I added was Simon Pegg. He popped up as a verified account on people to follow sidebar, and he's hilarious, so I went for it. For those of you who don't know, he's an actor who usually portrays some ridiculous or funny British man.

Next I realized I'm not following any sports teams, or personalities, and I thought that was a bit remiss so I added the Major League Soccer Insider, the NY Red Bulls, and the NY Mets. I tried to find a legit looking NY Giants page, but had no luck. If anybody wants to recommend one I'd appreciate it.

Then I found Wil Wheaton. I had to follow him. He was the actor who portrayed Wesley Crusher in Star Trek the Next Generation. I had heard he had sort of a cult following, and since I'm already following Brent Spiner (Data) and Leonard Nimoy (Spock from the original series) I figured I'd add him to that list.

Next I followed The Daily Show and Stephen Colbert. No explanation required.

After that I followed Twitter, because I figured that might come in handy if there are any major changes or additions to the site.

Lastly I added Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer. They're two of my favorite anchors, and I have a sort of CNN trend going now because I already subscribe to CNNBRK, which is there breaking news page.

Most of these are for entertainment purposes, with the exception of the sports ones and the last two. Those I'll use for news. Following celebrities can be a mixed bag. Some of them are twitter crazy, others never use it, and still others use it so sporadically that it can be really frustrating to follow them. Wil Wheaton and Simon Pegg look like that won't be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment