Monday, September 13, 2010

JOURNALISM 392W - Intro Post


Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great first week back. Mine was really busy. Anyway, I’m a Junior Journalism major, and I took this course because it seemed like a logical choice. At some point during every Journalism class I’ve taken the professor has made some comment about how the internet is the future of journalism. I’ve heard over and over again how print news will become obsolete and replaced by online news almost entirely. I figured it would be helpful to get a firm grounding in online news since there are probably more available jobs online than there are in print, radio, and TV combined. Furthermore, I would like to get an internship with a larger news group next summer (I’m currently working with WFCR), so I figure online experience can’t hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment