Tuesday, September 21, 2010

JOURNALISM 392W - Dancing with the Stars Live Results Show

What a well done show. I think DWTS is my guiltiest pleasure when it comes to TV watching. From the opening performance featuring Santana, a favorite of mine, I was instantly hooked.

I don't know what it is, but the show is somehow able to keep me hooked. I don’t even really like dance so much, but I think it’s a combination of the completely star-studded nature of the whole affair and the biting and flamboyant commentary on the part of the judges. I love to hate them when they bash people I like, and love them when they bash people I hate.

Anybody who didn’t see the show, I would highly recommend looking up the clip of Santana and India Arie doing “While My Guitar Gently Weeps.” I think this was my favorite part of tonight’s show. This is such an excellent classic rock ballad, and oh God, Santana is just so spectacular at it. India Arie has an amazing voice as well and with the exception of the rendition performed at the concert for George Harrison, I think this is the best this song has been.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I have only heard horrendous things about this show and about the new Santana album. Happy to hear someone go against the grain on both counts. Nice post, Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised. Most people who love Santana, don't care much for a lot of new artists, particularly the likes of Nas, and Daughtry. I really think he did a good job on this album though. I'm pretty sure it was an attempt to reach across age groups and broaden his audience, and while he certainly has done superior work in the past, I don't think this is a bad album by any measure.

    ReplyDelete